Tŵt is the independent, community-led network for Wales and the Welsh, at home and abroad.
Our promise to you: Tŵt will:
- Be available in Welsh and English
- Safeguard your privacy and keep you safe from bullying and harassment
- Be free of charge and never accept advertising fees
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: posts, links, pictures, videos. All on a network that is community-owned and community-run.
Welsh focus: community moderated. No global corporation can reflect our values, our language, our customs and values better than we can ourselves.
Privacy controls: Tŵt ensures you can follow and be followed by the people you choose. Your posts (“toots”) can be seen by everyone or just the people you choose. Full account deletion is always available, and you can download every ounce of everything you’ve ever shared.
Community Standards: Tŵt comes with effective anti-abuse tools to help you protect yourself online. There are moderators you can approach for personal help, and we offer a clear code of conduct.
Language equality: Our interface is 100% available in Welsh and English. If your computer or mobile device is set to Welsh, your Tŵt experience will be in Welsh.
No data mining, no corporate control. Tŵt allows you to consume the content you enjoy without interruption. Your feed is chronological and non-algorithmic – you decide who and what you want to see!
Learn more at our blog: https://blogs.toot.wales/toot/
Tŵt is proudly powered by Mastodon - open source social software. Join Tŵt and connect to over two million members!
The following guidelines are not a legal document, final interpretation is up to the Tŵt staff; the below should provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography or sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore or extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobia and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in the United Kingdom, the European Union, or the United States of America
- Content or conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from using the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions is also disallowed, and subject to measures up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically requested for said engagement to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called "doxing" or "dropping dox").
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement to cease and desist (informally known as "brigading" or "dogpiling").
These provisions notwithstanding, the administrative staff of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.