Tŵt is open to all. Our vision is a Wales-wide social network that allows our culture and community to express itself in Welsh and English side by side. We welcome all who wish to join and start tooting, Welsh or otherwise. We are self-moderated, steered by the guidelines below. In all things - not just here - be nice :o)
Learn more at our blog: https://blogs.toot.wales/toot/
Tŵt is proudly powered by Mastodon - open source social software. Join Tŵt and connect to over two million members!
The following guidelines are not a legal document, final interpretation is up to the Tŵt staff; the below should provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobia and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in the United Kingdom
- Content or conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from using the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions is also disallowed, and subject to measures up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically requested for said engagement to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called "doxing" or "dropping dox").
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement to cease and desist (informally known as "brigading" or "dogpiling").
These provisions notwithstanding, the administrative staff of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.